Model #: M40-600
The CTE pressurized consistometer models 40-600 is specifically designed to measure cement slurries in compliance with ISO-10426, API Spec 10A and API RP-10B schedules. In addition, the units can be used to prepare slurries for the measurement of free water content, viscosity, fluid loss, and rheological properties. Wide pressure and temperature operating ranges – up to 40,000 psi (275 MPa) and 600° F (315° C). With high temperatures and pressures applied to the cement, it is possible to simulate a variety of conditions found in actual down-hole well cementing. The measured thickening time can then be used to formulate plans for the actual cementing of the well.
The consistometer is designed so that closure, heating, and pressurization can be achieved quickly. This ensures compliance with the requirement of ISO and API schedules. The temperature control system will automatically control the rate of temperature rise of the slurry (i.e. temperature gradient). When the slurry reaches the desired maximum temperature, the system will hold the slurry temperature at that level. The temperature and viscosity of the slurry, and current pressure (optional) are displayed constantly on the touchscreen either numerically or graphically at the user’s option. The consistometer has an on-board computer that uses our proprietary CementLab software to control all data acquisition and many of the instrument’s electro-mechanical devices. CementLab automation reduces user fatigue and increases ease of use. An integrated, color touchscreen interface provides users with a more direct understanding of programming and testing processes. Data is displayed graphically and numerically and also gives users lots of flexible display and control options. Swing arm and integrated counter weight provides even balance to help you from straining your back while you lift up or move down the main plug.
- State-of-the-Art, user friendly Cementlab® software package with Windows® 7 operating system.
- Large, analog pressure gauge.
- Fully programmable temperature control and digital, graphical on-screen temperature indication.
- Magnetic drive system and 150 rpm pre-set speed.
- Dual oil filters protect critical components and prevent premature failures.
- Classic potentiometer design with Teflon® main body.
- API specification slurry cup design follows the traditional test slurry preparation routine.
- Consistency calibration device with weights.
- Spares and accessories include tools, fuses, slurry cup parts, utility connection hardware, main power cord and printer.
- Customizable graphs and mulit-variation data export.
- Over pressure rupture disc
- Current sense relay shuts down power to heaters in case of heater overload or short
- High pressure contact pin shields
- Fused circuitry
- Automated error reporting
- Thermocouple detection
- Heavy duty, stainless steel cabinet construction.
- Text test files can be transferred to any existing user data base or spread sheet.
- Permanent on-board record of test files.
- Programmable and audible alarms for viscosity and time.
- Fast, automatic, time-programmable pressure vessel and oil resevoir cooling after test.
- High capacity cooling jacket around the pressure vessel permits the circulation of a cooling fluid to cool the pressure vessel quickly.
- Oil reservoir cooling coils used to rapidly cool oil between tests.
- Instrument can be joined into local networks for remote viewing.
- No other PC is required to operate the instrument.
- Most parts are interchangeable with other consistometers, including the magnetic drive, no need for special spares.
- Externally mounted computer control box allows simple access to ports, repair, or future upgrades.
- Simple calibration routines enable users to quickly calibrate the instrument.
- Graphical customization allows the user to change labels, colors, visibility, and scaling.
- Further customization of the testing units and sampling rate.
- Programmable, automatic test shut down by viscosity or time.
Cooling fluid In/Out: 1/4 MNPT (2) max 120psi
Air Input: 1/4 MNPT (1) max 120psi
Input Voltage: 230 VAC (±10%) Single Phase
Input Power: 5,000W
Input Frequency: 50-60Hz
Height: 66.5 in. (169 cm)
Width: 33 in. (84 cm)
Depth: 31 in. (79 cm)
Net Weight: 1,480 lb. (672 kg)
Operating Temp.: 32 to 105°F, 0-40°C
Operating humidity: 0-95% non condensing
Heater Power: 5000 W per pressure vessel
Heater Type: Internal Cast Rod Heater
Optional Equipment and Services
- Automatic, programmable pressure control and digital, graphical on-screen pressure indication.
- Set point speed control located on the front panel with digital onscreen speed indication.
- 1 year spares kit for normal operation.
- Instrument training and commissioning.
- Scheduled calibrations.
- Re-circulating chiller for improved post-test cooling times.